Wednesday, June 27, 2007

the embroidery artist

A few weeks ago (June 7th) Julian embroidered his very first piece.
The kids were off from school and it was the perfect time to finally introduce him to it.


Julianembroidering


I quickly drew up a little monster, taught him a simple running stitch and he was off on his merry way.


Dsc04869


He was so focused and determined to complete it.
What will he finally do with his first piece? Will he decide to turn it into a patch? a pillow? Will he decide to let me frame it? Will he want to leave it as is? That still remains to be determined.


"I need to think about it", he said.


Needless to say, I am extremely proud of him.


Julianembroider





7 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm very impressed, whatever happens to his first embroidery it will remain special. Thanks for sharing.

Deb Hardman said...

Very nice. I taught my son to sew & quilt. He's 34 years old now, & is having his 1st child (well actually his wife is), next month. He still sews. He made all the curtains for thier house, & his wife Laura says she loves it. She thanksed me. Maybe someday a nice DIL will thank you too!
BTW a belated Happy Birthday, mine is a day after yours, though several years earlier!

Flory said...

Your sweet little helper sure does very good with her stitching. Mom, you
must be very proud of her.
What is her name, and how old is she? I'll bet she can make a zine really
excellent.
Good job Honey, keep learning from MoM, she is your BEST teacher.
Moms Friend
flory

karoda said...

How cool...my daughter tried sewing clothes and attempted making a quilt but her heart wasn't into it. I was proud of her for wanting to make the attempt. Julian looks very focused and serious in the photo.

Carla Barrett said...

Julian is adorable with his embroidery lesson. you are a terrific mom!

Hanna said...

those images goes to the heart - so cute!

Angelia said...

This is how I taught my sons(teenagers now)to sew. The hoop helped keep the fabric straight and they could concentrate on the stitches. Once they started using the machine they were not very interested in hand sewing-you know boys and their machines.
A