Monday, November 19, 2007

It's a Baby Boy

This is our new cat.....Baby Boy.

Yes, that is his name....his given name by his previous owner who apparently couldn't keep him and gave it to the ASPCA.

He is five years old and a complete LOVE. We have decided to keep the name.





This is a picture of him at the ASPCA yesterday. I was able to spend about an hour with him and really liked his temperament. After I put him back in his box, his look and aura completely changed. He cried and tried to pick at the lock. Here he is looking terribly sad and I think confused, because I think he thought I was going to take him home.




And here he is now....finally at home. All he wants to do is cuddle and rest his head on my foot....

We first saw him three weeks ago and every time we went back, he always managed to gently get my attention. The kids wanted a kitten, I wanted an older cat. When I first saw Baby Boy, I knew we had found him. We went back the following week for a second time....third, and fourth, and he was still there. (Sadly, a 5 year old cat isn't as desirable as a kitten)..... After meeting with him yesterday, we made all the arrangements to adopt him today.. I picked up the kids from school and took them to 'socialize' with Baby Boy. It was a perfect match. The best part is that he is incrediably gentle and is very comfortable with the kids. A total lap cat.





We've only had him for a few hours and he already feels like family. 

Baby Boy, you had me at 'MEOW'

11 comments:

pammc said...

How precious and sweet he is. Looks like he's made himself right at home.
I have an orange tabby whose name is also Baby Boy (never could find a name that fit him) but I call him BeBe for short.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Congrats! Baby Boy has found a great home.
My husband and I adopted Chaplin from the humane society in Minneapolis when he was approximately 2 yrs. old (that was around 1994). I have never once regretted bringing him home. He's an old guy now, but he's still my baby.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you found each other! It reminds me of our cat who was also an 'abandoned' kitty... I have tears of happiness in my eyes - you've done a wonderful thing! Jamie in Montana

kelly snelling said...

good for you, alma! he is so beautiful. we just adopted a shelter kitten for my son's 8th birthday last month. she is such a wonderful part of our family. and she is already turning up in my artwork. i can't wait to see how baby boy will look in your lovely fabrics. i bet he becomes your new muse!

Lori said...

What a handsome baby boy! I'm glad you have found the right new member for your family! And the kids are pretty great looking too!

Carla B said...

Alma, congrats on your new baby!! All of my 3 kitties were adopted from shelters, too.
Love the pictures!

Vero said...

Welcome to Baby Boy. He must be so happy that he found a home at last!

Phyllis King said...

... Alma:you've done a very "good deed" to rescue an older cat from a shelter! I don't know if it's a "no-kill" shelter; not many are.Which means the cats get put to sleep after a period of time, if not adopted.You've set a great example for your (cute)kids also...hopefully they will do the same when they grow up!I work w/an animal rescue group here, and have seen so many loving cats put down unnecessarily......bless you! And happy cat days ahead!

emily barletta said...

I'm so happy that you decided not to change his name. I always feel it's so confusing to an animal when a new owner just decides the name doesn't matter. He looks like he loves your kids and loves the love. Congradulations!

gypsy said...

Oh I know he is going to be a good boy! He took my breath away when I saw him! He could be a twin to my Squeekers...a REALLY good boy too! He passed away in May this year...but they could be twins! I rescued mine too and he was SO sweet with the kids as they were growing up and with every one! He always just wanted love! On us all the time! You are going to be so happy with him! :)

enchy said...

yay - shelter cats are the best!
xx