Sunday, December 2, 2007

Bead Crochet Tutorial

Here is a quick and easy tutorial on how to crochet a beaded bead.
Supplies:

bonded polyester thread, or crochet thread, or pearl cotton,
assortment of different size beads,
threader....I use those looped dental floss thingie....it works.
crochet hook size 2
knitting needle



In order to load up enough beads onto the spool, use a threader. 
The process will go faster and your thread end won't fray.
Start off with a loop on the hook.
Chain 6.
slip stitch to form a ring.

Insert a knitting needle, a pencil, or a skewr in the circle.
Crochet two rows of single crochet in each stitch all the way around.


Now bring three beads up close to the hook.
Make a single crochet in order to anchor the beads in place.

At this point, the stitches will not be very visible. So it really doesn't matter where you insert your hook.
Continue to pull up three beads close to the hook and make a single crochet.
Do this all the way around until you reach the height you want.
Stitch it or thread it onto any project.
Enjoy!

14 comments:

Lori Seavey-Christian said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to give it a try...

Vero said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial! It is very inspiring.

arlee said...

OOOOOO Very cool! Will have to try this!!!!

sara said...

brilliant tutorial hon, thank you.

Monica Magness said...

Shmokin' tutorial Alma! Man, looooooooooovin' the outcome, so chunky fabulous! ~Monica

Dawn said...

Wow, I have to try this! Beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Oh how cool is THIS?!?!??? I will have to make some as soon as I can find my tiny steel crochet hooks... or it might be faster to just BUY MORE! Thanks for sharing, Alma!

karoda said...

definitely a great tutorial! thanks so much alma.

Esther said...

I have this little bead spinner and I make my own needle by twisting 30 gauge wire. You can also bend a long big eye needle. That works really well to get bead soup onto fibers for crochet, knitting, or wire work. Love your tutorial pictures. Thank you!

Jan said...

Alma, This is wonderful! I tried it and (took a while) but could actually do it. I was wondering, do you have any tutorials on how to actually crochet beads into your crochet work, such as for a necklace. Again, thanks. The work is beautiful and the tutorial is very good.
Jan

boutique de laine said...

works really well to get bead soup onto fibers for crochet, knitting, or wire work. Love your tutorial pictures. Thank you!

Miek said...

Thank you for the tutorial! They look really cool. I will try it once:)

HJC Editor said...

Your tutorial is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

Contact me here if you have a concern.

Jane
http://diylessons.org/

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Wanted you to know I posted a link to this tutorial today on my blog.

Nancy Ward
PaperFriendly
http://www.nancywardcrafts.com