Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas in New York

Santa_is_here


This year we decided to go cheap for the holidays. We didn't go to Vermont like we usually do every year. I really didn't want to drive myself crazy with the rush-rush of gift giving. I wanted to stay home watch movies, bake cookies and hang out with the kids.



Christmas Eve, we decided to enjoy a few of the great things the city has to offer this time of year.....things we hardly ever enjoy because going downtown isn't my idea of fun. I hate crowds and unnecessary noise. We took the kids to see Santa at Macy's and enjoyed walking around Rockerfeller Center. No BIG deal, but the kids REALLY had a great time. I doubt that another city does Christmas the way New York does. The public displays and ornaments was enough to get us all  in the Christmas mood.
Img_0074_2




Elf Img_0054

Img_0071

Img_0068




Img_0084

Macy's Window display.


Img_0086_3


Img_0096_2

Img_0098


Img_0107



Img_0105

Img_0111



Img_0116


Can you tell by the confetti colors in this altered photo that I am really looking forward to the New Year. I have great creative plans for 2008...I can almost see them. Like this photo, my plans are a little fuzzy, but I can make out some of the details. I'm really excited about it.



Img_0127

5 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great town to celebrate the season in. You have such cute kids!! those are some great Memory Pictures for the future. Glad you had a nice relaxing holiday with the family. That is what it is all about.

phyllis king said...

Thanks, Alma, for sharing the Christmas photos of NYC with us! THose of us who live in rural areas and never get to the big cities LOVE "seeing" the gorgeous decorations thru your eyes/camera lens! BTW:your kids are SO cute!

Monica Magness said...

What a gorgeous stroll through the streets of NY Alma, thank you for sharing the glory of Christmas from the city that never sleeps. :) Have a wonderful New Years! xo, Monica

Heather said...

Alma,
I love reading about your life in NY. I always wanted to live there myself, but haven't made it out of Nebraska! Maybe some day...
Have a wonderful New Year!

kass said...

oooh Tinsel Trading was one of my FAVE stores in NYC but I resisted buying anything, basically because I did not have enough room for everything I NEEEEEEEDED!! LOL It was an awesome store - I'm glad I'm on the other side of the world, I would be broke if I lived nearby!