Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How to Make Paper Flowers


IMG_0247

Here is a fun and easy project for all mixed media artists.

IMG_0013 1 
supplies needed:
pages from a book or magazine, acrylic paint, gel medium, scissors, pen.

IMG_0260
Draw a simple flower shape, outline it twice.

IMG_0011 
Paint the paper with one coat of acrylic paint and let it dry.

IMG_0012
When the paint dries, coat each flower with gel medium....it can be glossy or matte.
Here I am using a thick layer of  Golden Regular Gel (gloss)
Smear it on as thick or as thin as you want...when it dries, you will be able 
to see and feel the texture you created.

IMG_0002 1   
Let it dry and cut around the design.

IMG_0003 2 
Add to your art work.

IMG_0019 

IMG_0015

 These can be made into any shape, style and design. 
Play it up with gel pens, different colors of pens, 
paints, and different types of paper.
Make a whole bunch all at one time and keep it
 on your worktable for easy access.

IMG_0021 
 enjoy!

12 comments:

iHanna said...

Oh, what fun! I've got so many text pages laying around needing something of a purpose in life. Thanks for a fun tutorial!

peggy mcdevitt said...

Wow, why didn't I think of that. thank you so much as well as your post yesterday. I am going to do both. Love your blog.

Sharne said...

Thank you! A great idea!

Bec Clarke said...

That's just lovely, I alwasy wonder how regular paper with writing on it will work to make things and you have just shown me.
Thank you.

Bec Clarke said...

That's just lovely, I alwasy wonder how regular paper with writing on it will work to make things and you have just shown me.
Thank you.

upstatelisa said...

great idea!

Calgary flowers said...

It's a great idea to make paper flowers. Thanks for the nice information regarding how to make paper flowers.
Thanks......

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

A PERFECT WAY to always have a bouquet to cheer you! Thanks Alma for sharing!!!
XOXOXOX

joanne thieme huffman said...

delightful tutorial.

Cassie Shella said...

I read your interview on Diana Trout's blog, and I found it very inspiring. Thank you so much for the paper flower tutorial! I have been trying very hard to do something creative every day, but sometimes I'm very tired. Something like t his allows me to fulfill my promise to myself, but it is quick and simple. Have a Blessed week and I look forward to visiting again...

Lidia ZuniReds said...

Excellent Idea I love it ??>.<

frenchfwries said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much!