Wednesday, February 23, 2011

how to make a pincushion ring

 

Inspired by the pincushion ring the adorable and insanely talented 
Mondo Guerra often wore on Project Runway, I decided to make my own.



Start by piercing two holes on the back of a bottle cap.


Thread a strip of elastic and make a knot on the inside of the cap.



add glue to the knot to hold it in place. Set it aside


cut a circular piece of fabric and a slightly smaller piece of felt.


Stitch around the fabric


Pull the thread to gather


stuff with roving or polyfil stuffing


Add glue to the bottle cap and stuff the pin cushion inside.


Let it dry.

Decorate the outside as you wish.


10 comments:

Penney said...

So adorable!

Arielle said...

So cute, Alma! They almost look like tiny cupcakes! Love the colors you chose! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!
---Arielle

vilterietje said...

great invention and só cute:)

Giggles said...

Awesome creative idea!! Love it!!

Laura said...

I love it! And will definitely be making one of these!

Cassie Shella said...

Oh these are adorable - I have to go and make one now:) I think I'm going to make one for my girls too - even though they won't use them as pin cushions, they will love them just the same. Have a great week!

Stark Raving Shannon said...

These are so adorable! I made one today and now I'm going to have to make one for all the sewers I know. Thanks for the tutorial.

Warddean said...

I just found your site and love it. I found the Cloth Label Part 1, but can't find
the other 4. Is there any way you could point me in the direction of the other 4? Thanks in advance, Warddean

UKZoe said...

Love it!

Angie said...

So Cute!! Thanks for sharing:)
Angie