Tuesday, February 1, 2011

how to make a Valentine's Day charm

These charms are really easy to make. 
The first thing you need to do is to condition 
a small portion of white and red polymer clay. 
Just roll it in your hands until it softens up a bit.

Then shape the white polymer clay into mini hearts.

Shape red polymer clay into an interesting "charm" shape.

Push the opened side of a jump ring into the top of the charm.

Press the white hearts on it.

Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 225 degrees...
Turn the oven off but leave it in for about 5 minutes.
Remove it and let your charms cool. 

Then add a glossy or matte finish by using any of the 
Sculpey glazes.

enjoy!


9 comments:

iHanna said...

super cute alma!

Johoanna Boykin said...

what a great idea.

Arielle said...

So happy and fun! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

freebird said...

These are really cute. I sent the link to my granddaughter since I have givenn her all my clay stuff. I hope she has fun making some of these.

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Cool Alma!
Amber

Ms Muffin said...

How cute!!!

Cassie Shell said...

Oh I'm so doing this with my girls for Valentine's Da! Thanks so much for the inspiration:)

Cheryl G. said...

Simply brilliant!

Jeanelle said...

Thanks for this fun idea! My kids and I did it last night and it was ADDICTIVE!!! The gloss really makes it pop!