Monday, March 7, 2011

how to make fabric beads with cotton balls

tutorial and product review

A few months ago, I was asked by ArtBeads.com to review 
some of there products. So, I decided to create a tutorial along with this 
product review to showcase my use of the beads I got from them. 
ArtBeads.com sent me the most AMAZING gold and metallic white gold beads 
so I decided to make fabric beads with it.


Start with a strip of fabric and a cotton ball










Use a cotton thread to stitch the fabric down



Use a beading thread, (Nymo size D) to stitch beads on it.



I've never worked with gold beads before, but I completely
loved working with these.
 They really sparkle and stand out against the fabric and 
they were incredibly easy and smooth to stitch through. 
Each bead is uniform in size, no snagging or sharp edges.


Once the beads are stitched to the fabric, you can string 

it up to make a necklace, or ornament anything of your choice.


Disclosure.... As a reviewer of products for Artbeads.com, 
I receive the above items free of charge. 
I have been asked to review these products and to
give my honest opinion...positive or negative. 
I am not being compensated by Artbeads.com for my endorsement
of the above product.

23 comments:

Bead Journal Project 2010 said...

love these - thanks for the tutorial.

Mountain Salt Studio said...

love these - thanks for the great tutorial Alma.

freebird said...

They are cute and the beads may help to keep the beads clean.

Lorrie said...

these look like so much fun!

iHanna said...

Your beads are always a delight for the eye Alma, these are so beautiful - and pink! Yay!

Suz said...

That is a great tutorial, Alma. I still own a wonderful bead I bought from you.
Fondly,
Suz

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I love the puffy beads!
:o)
Pretty mix Alma!

Anonymous said...

Hi alma
I am taking your tutorial away with me this weekend to create with my girlfriends. I hope I can get some of these lovely beads from Michaels before I go
Sallianne x

aimee said...

these are adorable, alma! thanks for sharing!

Cassie Shella said...

Great inspiration! Thanks for the tutorial - I love that your creations are so easy on my budget:) These I can even make with my 5 and 6 year old daughters. Have a Blessed week.

The Craft-Arty Kid said...

Great idea to use cotton wool balls. These look great

Anstasia said...

Ok, I am new to this but how do you attach it to a ring? I have seen the "blank" rings at craft stores but how do you attach the two?

The Beading Gem said...

I'll never look at cotton balls the same way again! LOVE your tutorial. I will feature/link in an upcoming post so others can come visit.

Tammie Moore said...

Love your tutorials, You are so cool for sharing them. Keep inspiring us girl.. "You Rock"
Creatively,
Tammie Moore

random notes said...

gotta try this, it looks so cool.

kellybarton said...

these are so cute!

KathyB said...

How cool are these? They have such possibilities for even further embellishment. Thanks for sharing this. I also use small pieces of fabric in my creations. Stop by and see what I'm doing.

Anonymous said...

Alma, Thank's for the tutorial. I made 16 of these little goodies. I plan on making more to fill the clear vase I bought just for them. Also I'm going to try this idea with styro foam balls and the fabric strips with the beads. I make paper and fabric bowls, these will make a great addition to them.

Once again thank's for the tut.

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

Absolutely fabulous.

Sabrina said...

Thank you so much, this is so cool!
I'm your newest follower :)

cedars kraft said...

aima i love these and i am really impressed.

KushKahena said...

Mine don't look as neat and round as yours, they look more like squatted boxes! What am I doing incorrectly? :(

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have ѕwoгn I've visited your blog before but after browsing through many of the posts I realized it's new to me.

Regardless, I'm definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll be boοk-markіng it and checκing back frequently!


my page Chemietoilette

nrelate content