Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Abstract Painting


I took some time last week to do some abstract painting in Connie Hozvicka's online class called Abstract Adventures. This was so much fun because I have NEVER done abstract.... have never been a real fan of it, I never understood it. But this class has completely turned that around for me. I get it, I sooooo get it now and now, I can't seem to stop.


Connie has a way of explaining things to you in a very fun, specific but simple way. No unnecessary fancy stuff.....it's like you are right there with her as she demos and guides you through it.


This is big. This has opened me up in a way I did not expect or even think possible. I highly recommend this class and the brilliant thing is that it isn't too late for you to join in. Classes started April 1st but you have until August 1st to enjoy every video workshop. To sign up for this and 20 other classes, including my Child's Play Workshop.





8 comments:

Natasha said...

Connie is a ridiculously amazing teacher so I get every word of this post! Alma I LOVE this work - the colors are sensational. It has such life to it....now I can't wait to start it!!!!

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous work..I hope you keep painting this way and that you continue to share

Lisa said...

And they are GORGEOUS! I'm glad you are having fun as well... :)

vilterietje said...

wowzer! i do love them and you are realy ín to it, great:)

Dan and Jen said...

Fabulous! I love the beautiful colors and energy coming out of these pieces.

Connie said...

Alma!! This is blow me away gorgeous!! YOU my dear friend are awesome. But I felt that way before you headed out on an Abstract Adventure!! Now--I'm just a puddle of admiration! A big puddle!

Cassie Shella said...

This looks amazing and wonderful. You have me hooked and I haven't even visited the site yet! I'm going there now - the inspiration was great, thanks so much for sharing it:)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Oh wow Alma your painting is GORGEOUS! I am inspired!

KathyB said...

SO ... this was a lot of fun I think. What a great way to break into abstract. Congrats. I love the results! My artwork is usually abstract, and I'm having a ball. Stop by and see what I'm doing. http://kbartdesigns.com