Wednesday, November 23, 2011

how to make a paper necklace :
Autumn Leaves


We have been having beautiful autumn weather here. 
So I thought of a perfect crafty project to help extend the colors and feel of this season.
The instructions below can be used for a Thanksgiving garland, an autumn themed table scape or any thing where a leaf-like shape is needed.


Collect some paper towel rolls.


Flatten a roll. 


Cut it into 1/2 inch - 1 inch pieces.


Add glue around the edge.


Adhere it to a piece of card stock or a cereal box. 


Let it dry and cut it out.


Cut around the leaf shape.


Adhere it to another piece of card stock/cereal box.


Let it dry.


Cut around it.


Prime it with gesso or paint it with white acrylic paint.


Paint it a color of your choice.


draw on it with a waterproof marker.


Pierce a hole through the sides of each leaf.


Use a large-eye needle to thread a ribbon through it.
Make a knot after each leaf in order to secure it in place.


enjoy!




7 comments:

CREATIVE MIND said...

waoo..interesting! thanks for sharing the How-To :)

Miek said...

I love it. I like recycling a lot!!
Thanks for this great tutorial!

Patty Biermans said...

You made a wonderfull tutorial! Thanx for the idea! hugzz...peebee

Hoola Tallulah said...

What a brilliant tutorial, the finished necklace looks lovely, am going to get the kids on this over the weekend, thanks for sharing :)

Cassie Shella said...

I love this - I'm going to have my girls help me make a bunch of these and color them red and green for the Christmas tree! Thanks for posting - so inspiring. Hope you had a Blessed Thanksgiving:)

jan said...

Waaaay cool! I knew I saved that empty paper towel for something. I'm making one of these today!

Lynniemay said...

I love this!!!!! Thank-you!!!!