Thursday, May 31, 2012

New York City: The Conservatory Garden


On 105th Street and 5th Ave, you will find a little gem of a garden.

There is very little to say about this hidden space.
Your senses will have to take it all in.


The best day to come here is on a misty and gray day.
If you are anything like me....you will be spoken to by the trees, 
the flowers and the occasional whispering breeze.
focus... listen....
come here....this way.... look up... see me?


It truly is a magical place, tucked in the city.




Entangled branches demand to be noticed.
Enough with those pretty flowers.
see me?
I am still holding on.





Even the statues have something to say.


come here...get closer.... watch what I can do.


the light, the shadows... and a passing cloud changes me....

Do you see it?


and trees that bow down their heads to cradle you in...
as if to say, welcome, stay... stay here a while.


5 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

What a lovely post, Alma. Thank you.

Barbara P said...

One of my favorite places in NY. Thanks for this reminder :)

Cassie Shella said...

So pretty:) It was peaceful to read too - thank you! Have a Blessed week.

Pacete said...

Alma, my 5 sisters and I are planning to go to New York next September. The Conservatory Garden will be on our plans. Thank you for let us know about this peaceful place in advance. From Chile, love.

chatarrera said...

precioso jardin gracias por compartir me gusta mucho lo que haces en tus creaciones me animan a crear mas en mi tejido libre de crochet y adecuarlo a mis tapices gracias
juanita tagle
pintora
chile